Waxing 101 and FAQs
- We never double dip.
- The studio is disinfected routinely and our sheets and towels are washed in extremely high temperatures for disinfection.
- Safety and cleanliness are never overlooked
- We use non-latex gloves.
- No one else is allowed in the studio except the esthetician and client being serviced for the purpose of comfort and communication.
- Hair must be 1/4 inch in length to wax (usually about 2 weeks of growth no less)
- Shower and exfoliate before your wax appointment
- Absolutely NO TANNING (sun or sun beds) 24 hours before and after waxing
- Please refrain from waxing if you are currently using Glycolic Acid, Retin A or Accutane, as well as if you have any sort of rash, infection, or skin disorder. Let your technician know about any medications you are currently using.
- Avoid soaking in a hot tub/bath & heavy sweating for 24 hours after your waxing (yes, this means no sexual activity).
- Do not shave or use depilatory cream between waxes. This will distort hair growth and also allow your roots to strengthen (ouch!).
- Regular waxing is recommended every 4-6 weeks which will provide thinner, smoother, and slower growing hair.
- Do not pick ingrown hairs which can cause infection. Instead, wait until your appointment and talk to your esthetician.
Frequently Asked Questions
We aren’t going to lie… waxing stings. The first time is always the worst, simply because your roots are at their strongest/thickest. If you keep up on waxing regularly, your roots have little time to become strong, thus making it easier to get waxed. We do advise you take a pain reliever about 15 – 20 mins before your appointment. We also suggest you drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated.
We reserve the right to use our professional judgement to use either a strip wax or a hard wax, depending on the sensitivity of the clients skin and coarseness of the hair.
Absolutely not! We adhere to a strict NO double dipping policy and use a new wax stick on every dip!
We’re sorry, but no. We do not allow anyone in the service room but the esthetician and client. Your moral support is more than welcome to hang out in the waiting area.
Probably not. Most people need about 2 weeks of growth for hair to be long enough to wax.
About 4-5 weeks
Most people’s skin will be slightly red and tender to the touch for a few hours afterwards. Depending on where you get waxed, you may notice that the redness stays longer (your bikini area can be up to 24 hours). For 24 hours after waxing you should avoid tanning, unprotected sun exposure, soaking in a hot bath/tub, exercising, and sexual activity. Your pores are open and susceptible to bacteria…so keep that area clean. Call us with any concerns.
We advise against waxing if you use retinol products because it can cause thinning of the skin, making skin much more sensitive and susceptible to injury. We offer tweezing of brows and lip, but the best thing to do is to stop using the product for 5 days prior to your waxing appointment. Always let your technician know if you are using ANY products containing Retinol.
Yes. But, we suggest you run it by your doctor just to be safe.
You can still get waxed during your menstrual cycle if you wish, although you will likely be extra sensitive. You must wear a tampon during your service.
Waxing actually helps to do the opposite. Regular waxing can actually stunt your hair’s growth, making it more sparse.
Disclaimer: In order to provide our clients with the highest level of service, we work by appointment only. For a full list of services, prices and to book online, please click here. In addition, insurance regulations require that no children be allowed in the salon at any time, unless being serviced.
Cancellation policy: All appointments must be cancelled within 24 hours. There will be a $25 fee for any appointment totaling 30 minutes or more that is not cancelled prior to 24 hours of the appointment time.